Week 2

The first week ended pretty great. We had a  summer barbecue at Dr. M. Wettergreen place which was awesome. This event was great as we were able to interact with fellow interns and some members of staff on a neutral level and got to know each other and exchange some personal experiences. I believe the photo explains a lot.

Come Monday it was back to business and we started of where we left. We learned more on TinkerCad and later on shifted to IronCAD which is also a 3D designing tool. On Wednesday we got to print some of the designs we came up with and we started building our very own 3D printers. I was partnered with Elizabeth and it was fun working with her. We completed building the printer Thursday and after that we could not wait but pause and take a selfie for the success.

From then on, we have been printing assorted  figures. The first was a small square cube which we used to calibrate the printer. It was a nice experience calibrating as we discovered also some troubleshooting techniques. The latest of our (Elizabeth & I) prints is the classy octopus in the picture.

image1 (1)

All in all, this has been a great week and an eye opening one. I can not wait for Monday to continue these projects.