#Last Week at OEDK – Final Test

In the beggining of the week, we spent all the Monday morning testing the final device at the Rice Rec Pool. The tests runned really well and we had the opportunity to show/test with Dr. Wettergreen. We aquired a good amount of data that was really useful for us. They pointed some improvements for the next prototype, but I’m really glad we could give him a safe, confortable and easy to use device. We worked very well together, specially doing documentation and meetings to organize all the steps/decisions in our prototypes. Was a nice iterative process.
The team in this last weeks improved a lot as a team and in our project too. After testing testing Tuesday Morning, we were really happy with our final result and specially because our client family really liked our device. In terms of Functionality, Safety and Durability.
The test with the client was a SUCCESS! I filmed with a GoPro under the water and that was really helpful to evaluate the seat mesh functionality/adjustments and general features too. We put him in the device, using a lift system, and he stayed at the pool by himself for aproximately 20 min. Was great being there at this moment to see our project working and bringing all this feelings about making something good to help somebody.

Wednesday morning, we finish working in our Final Presentation. We splitted up the topics and I got the testing/future work part. In the afternoon, we presented and did a good job. We had fun while practicing, which made a lot easier to us to remember all the topics and main points of the presentation.
Basically, Wedsneday was tha last day of “work”.I’m very happy with the group performance and Final Prototype/Solution. Also, I’m flattered for being part of this group and SEED program! Was an amazing experience, definitely one of the bests in my life.

20160720_145319
I just want to say THANK YOU! to everybody and for the oppotunity here at the OEDK, Rice University. Hope to see you guys again!

61c7593bab1d44ceb64106569ff314d7

#goteamswimsupport

#goteamSEED2016

Rafael V. Lantmann