Week 4&5: Every Skill you acquire doubles your odds of success

This is the final week to work on our project before we start preparations for the final presentation to take place on November 16, 2018. I am glad to mention that the website we designed is now coming into reality though with some few modifications to our initial design. In our initial design we did not include a database because with time constraints we thought we wouldn’t finish the project by the schedule. After doing a thorough research we have come to realize the need of a database in our website that will keep the record of the users and their credentials. We now have to learn database development with MSQL and then develop it. As a result, we take most of the work home so that by Friday November 6, 2018, we should be done with the project. We have also started doing our website development with Visual studio because it is easier to incorporate a database than working with notepad.

Through this internship, I have been equipped with the right technical and non-technical skills. These skills will help me in my studies when I get back to Poly and also in future after I graduate and continue pursuing my carrier. Let me take this advantage to share some of non-technical skills I have acquired. The presentations we have had with the tech team and Dr. Leautaud and the questions posed to us during presentations and also the talks on the meetings with the people who occasionally visit our lab to learn about the projects done in it, have helped me to learn and polish my communication skills. With the knowledge of my audience I am able to use the right words in my presentations so that everyone understands what I am communicating.Working on this project has taught me that every design may attract alterations before and after you start implementing it, as such I have to be ready to accept such changes but without compromising the project specifications.Working on a team has also helped me learn to accept ideas from others, contribute my ideals, ask questions where I do not understand and discuss the best way to tackle a problem. Through the help of our project supervisors and Dr. Leautaud I have learnt to plan every single day, as in what I want to achieve by the end of that particular day and then work by the plan. This is an effective way that helps in tasks completion in time, with this skill, I will be able to complete my assignment and my personal work in time than panicking with the due dates.