WEEK THREE: HIGHER LEVELS ,NEW CHALLENGES.

Hi everyone, welcome to my third week of my blog post. I would like to share with you the highlights of this week. Honestly its  had been a wonderful week. I learned so much from my teammates as well as from the perspectives of other team members from different groups. I will start with what we have done so far, then the challenges and also I will share with you some of the activities that we had this week

THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR SECOND PROTOYTPES

This week we focused much on working on our prototypes. We developed different types of prototypes, because we wanted to find out which one was better. We developed two prototypes to start with, using negatives of a 3D model and a syringe. We used gelatin in both of them.

Figure(a).                                                                                                                  figure (b).

The above pictures show the progress of ones of the prototypes using and syringe (figure a) and the negative of a cervix and a vagina figure b.

Challenges we faced on the above prototypes

• The first prototypes with a syringe did not produce any image on the ultrasound after testing.
  • The second one with the negative of a 3D actually produced some results but the challenge was that to produce an image the probe was not inserted from the hole that was representing vagina but rather from outside

These challenges led us to come up with another solution that will enable us to produce an image by inserting a probe inside the vagina of our prototype.

Figure ©.

From the advice we received from Dr. Gei, we thought of coming up with a design as in figure c.in figure c the vagina is perpendicular to the cervix.

Figure (d)

This is the negative 3D model that we made for our prototype where the vagina is perpendicular to the cervix. The final prototype of these will be tested in our next meeting with Dr.Gei

GOAL

Our goal this week was to develop a model or prototype that could produce an image on the ultrasound after inserting the probe through the hole.

WORKSHOP

We had a workshop this week led by our team leads, Shifan and Renee. In this workshop, we developed a small system where a motor rotated after receiving a message sent through a transmitter on a breadboard to a receiver on another board. Once we operated the transmitter board, the motor on the other board began to rotate.

TEAM LUNCH NETWORKING

Another highlight in this week is that we also had a networking lunch with professionals from Houston community. It was a great time to get know people from different professionals and learn from them. This had been a very wonderful week for me as an individual and also a s a team

TEAM LUNCH WITH PROFESSOR NODSKOV

Another interesting event this week was the celebration of the Juneteenth holiday. Prof. Nodskov took our team out for a delightful lunch at Mendocino Farms. It was a fantastic opportunity for us to unwind, socialize, and strengthen our bonds outside of the usual work environment. Despite the continual rain throughout the day, our inner beings were high, and the weather didn’t lower our excitement.

We had a wonderful time chatting and getting to know each other on a more personal level. I enjoyed some delicious food; I opted for a sandwich, the name of which i forgot, but it was made out of pork. The taste was spectacular, and it was easily one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had. It was my first time trying this particular type of sandwich, and I don’t regret having it. The experience was unforgettable, not just because of the great food, but also due to the good fellowship and enjoyable conversations we shared. Overall, it was a perfect blend of good food, great company, and a festive atmosphere, making the Juneteenth holiday celebration truly special.

Conclusion

This week had been a wonderful week, very educative and also memorable.

Thank you