It is a world of possibilities!

If there’s one thing that has profoundly changed in my perspective as a result of my internship at the Oshman Engineering Design Kitchen (OEDK), it’s the realization that the world is full of endless possibilities. Gosh! 🫡

From the myriad of machines and tools at the OEDK that brilliant minds have utilized to create amazing innovations, to the groundbreaking technologies I have seen around Houston, I am convinced beyond doubt that there’s so much brilliance and creativity in this world. I cannot count the number of times I have muttered to myself, “Wow, how is this even possible?” at the sight of these innovative and awesome creations.

The extremely tall, beautiful buildings and sleek cars I encounter almost every five minutes, the countless automatic doors I’ve walked through, the advanced emergency alert systems, and the new technologies I’ve had the opportunity to use are all astonishing. This may not seem extraordinary if you are used to these systems or structures, but for me, it’s a revelation. It’s my first time in a first-world country, and I cherish everything that has made life so much easier and more enjoyable. I am constantly in awe of how things work here—it’s so different from what we have in my home country.

But it’s not all about work and technology. We also embarked on some incredible adventures that left me awe-struck. I went ice skating for the first time ever and had so much fun learning how to skate, falling down several times, and eventually getting the hang of moving and balancing on ice. 😂  I also visited the Houston Zoo and the Houston Museum of Natural Sciences. These experiences were beyond thrilling. I saw things I had never seen or even imagined existed and kept wondering how people came up with such great innovations.

The ice skating keedsss.Of course we should show off our skating boots.The moment you finally had the courage to stop using the wall support.(Some interns at The Galleria, Houston.)

Precious and Stephen by a whale (maybe)Me technically under waterMy fans and I taking a rest after hours of touring the zoo.(The African interns at the Houston zoo.)

Me by the live display of a human brain. This left me in so much awe! Just me famzing an inanimate lion. Sandstone Concretion. Seeing this meant a lot to me as a petroleum engineering student.(3/100+ I took at the Houston Museum of Natural Sciences. 🤩)

Visiting the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) was the pinnacle of my experiences. “Mind-blowing” doesn’t even describe it. I took a tour of the Christopher C. Kraft, Jr. Mission Control Center, where NASA coordinates and monitors all human spaceflight missions. I read about the Apollo mission, the historic endeavor that landed humans on the moon. I also saw the Saturn V rocket, the most powerful rocket ever built, the space shuttle, a marvel of reusable spacecraft technology, and more! These firsthand encounters with space exploration history left me in awe of human ingenuity and the boundless possibilities of engineering and science. I’m captivated! Gosh!

A model of the shuttle carrier aircraft and space shuttle. Such brilliance! Me by the Staurn V rocket.Something on the moon to see. (Very few of the pictures I took at NASA.😂)

Again, there is so much brilliance and creativity in this world. There truly are great minds out there, and I am determined to train my mind to exude such great brilliance and creativity too. I really am!

As Albert Einstein once said,

“Engineers create that which has never been.”

I want to be that engineer. I will be that engineer! 

It’s only a matter of time. So help me God. Amen. 🧎‍♀️🤲🏾