One week before departure!

It’s officially one week before I leave for San Rafael, California to work with 3rd Stone Design (3SD) in manufacturing and developing the technologies from Rice 360. I know that 3SD has already worked with Rice in scaling up the production for the immensely successful Bubble CPAP and DoseRight dosing clip. After having worked closely with the prototypes and mechanical design elements of a few technologies in my coursework (primarily the Phototherapy Light Stand), I can’t wait to observe and learn about the other end of the production process.

So far, I’ve packed a few of my necessities and have been considering whether or not to bring some of my design supplies (calipers, engineer squares etc). I’ll likely end up bringing them just in case they come in handy. Truthfully, I couldn’t be more excited to start work. As an engineering student who almost pursued a major in Industrial Design, I’m so fortunate to have the opportunity to gain experience in a field that so neatly combines these two passions. More to come upon my arrival! (California traffic, here I come?)