THE THREE DAY WEEK………… TELL YOUR PROGRESS!!!!

At the middle of summer………… Only three days of work we had!!!!!

My home country’s independence day was celebrated!!!! Malawi woyee!!! Independence woyeee!!! Houston Woyee!!!!!!! Woyee, Woyee, Woyee!!!!! (Malawi’s slogan) I have for once celebrated three days of independence…… 4th-5th July was U.S’s and 6th of July was Malawi’s!!!!!!!!!

Remember where we stopped last week? Brainstorming solutions for airflow, battery holders and balancing……… an initial screening was done and most ideas were similar and we remained with few ideas proceeding to Pugh screening. Hark back, engineering designing is an iterative process that allows reconsideration of steps whenever an iteration proves unsuccessful. And we did exactly that, we  reconvened the brainstorming session and generated a considerable number of ideas. We tested some of the ideas before screening in light of getting a practical sense of their operation for rating in the Pugh matrix.

Testing the battery balancing idea

Testing the prototype further is one thing we could not end the week without, we this week discovered our instrumentation amplifier was kinda behaving unsatisfactorily. Now that we have materials (ordered) in, we will reassemble the PCB by Tuesday next we week. Only then will we continue testing the complete device with the new solutions (airflow, battery holder and balancing) incorporated.

Half way to project completion!!! There is so far noticeable progress of the project and certain i am that the problem (an oxygen analyser for low resource hospitals)  gotta be solved come the end of this summer .

Mid summer presentations were superb! Public speaking skills enriched. Christina, Kalen, Tori and the rest of the team made my day. If i were to do a Pugh scoring of the presentation, and take my peers for the brainstormed solutions…….i can’t imagine the results and i don’t wanna do that right now! I probably will post this matrix next week, i have to define and quantify my criteria first!

The Team continues testing, and Pugh screening of the ideas starts on Monday.

I will be back next next week!!!!!